Can you imagine a more polluted place than inside a car? Surrounded by other cars, tractor-trailers, and motorcycles belching out constant exhaust and fumes… Sure, hot air rises, but not before it makes its way into your vents and into the lungs of everyone in your vehicle. Air pollution isn’t going away, so the only solution is to combat it wherever you are. Personal space desk filters are a perfect at-home and work solution, but in order to protect yourself on the road, you’ll need the IQAir Car Air Purifier.
Car Air Purifier: Clean Air Where It Matters
Air pollution is destroying our health and the health of our loved ones.. According to the World Health Organization, nine out of ten people breathe polluted air. Even worse, the air inside cars can be 15x more toxic than the air outside. The rise of global warming is causing over 7 million deaths a year globally. Excess motor exhaust, increased technological development, and increased waste are also part of the cause.
There are over 272 million vehicles on the road in the U.S. Additionally, the average weekly commute is close to 4 1/2 hours a week and over 200 hours (nearly nine days) a year. And unfortunately, in high-traffic cities such as Los Angeles, New York, Washington, D.C., and Boston, these numbers are higher, since they are the top five worst cities for traffic. And with all that traffic comes increased pollution in the air – and in your lungs.
Car exhaust contains the following toxins:
- Nitrogen dioxide (NO2) – Causes breathing problems, lung irritation, and lowers resistance to respiratory infections.
- Ozone (O3) – Naturally occurring compound that helps block harmful UV light from the sun but is toxic at the ground level. Long-term exposure may cause asthma and can cause permanent damage to the lungs.
- Carbon monoxide (CO) – Colorless, odorless, poisonous gas that causes short-term effects similar to oxygen deprivation, such as dizziness, fatigue, and confusion.
- Fine particles (PM2.5) – Particles ranging in diameter between 0.1 and 2.5 microns. PM2.5 exposure has been linked to increasing the potential for cardiovascular problems, such as arrhythmic heartbeats and heart attacks.
- Ultrafine particles (UFPs) – Particles smaller than 0.1 microns in diameter. About 90 percent of all airborne particles are this size. Not only are UFPs the most numerous airborne particles, but they are also the most dangerous to your health. Their tiny size allows them to be deposited into the lungs and absorbed directly into the bloodstream. From there, they travel into all vital organs, including your brain, where they can affect?
The IQAir Atem Car Purifier: A “Breath” Of Fresh Air
Atem is German for “breath” and the purification process that Atem offers is an easy and convenient way to ensure you’re always breathing clean air. Most air purifiers are large, only for use in confined spaces, are noisy, and forcefully expel fresh air, which can be disruptive. The IQAir Atem Car Air Purifier is different. Designed to provide you with your own personal purified air, the Atem Car Purifier easily attaches to the back seat of the driver or passenger seat.
Using Headspace™ technology, Atem Car quickly and efficiently distributes clean air to the cabin’s headspace. This helps to shield you and your passengers from diesel, soot, and gaseous pollutants. There’s virtually no sound to bother anyone in the car and there’s no forced air expulsion – no bursts of air blowing in your face, forcing you to suddenly change your breathing, as other purifiers do. Most importantly, the Atem is sleek and compact for easy travel, and powerful enough to filter toxins and microns from the air to provide you with only clean, filtered air.
HyperHEPA Filtration Technology
The smaller the particles in polluted air, the more dangerous they are. Ultrafine particles (smaller than 0.1 microns) that live in the air are so small that they can move through your lung tissue, into your bloodstream, and then to your organs, including your brain. Most air filters filter only particles larger than 0.3 microns. IQAir’s HyperHEPA filtration technology is proven through rigorous independent testing to effectively filter air down to the 0.003-micron level. This guarantees that even the smallest pollutants are removed from the air you breathe.
When it comes to protection against the tiniest toxins, IQAir Car Air Purifier is your best protection.
Global Innovations Award Winner
The Atem® 5-in-1 personal desk air purifier won the prestigious Global Innovations Award over 400 other entries in the Personal Electrics category at the 2019 International Home + Housewares Show in Chicago, IL, a world-class home technology and innovations showcase where “art intersects with engineering and technology informs style.” Atem exceeded all the award criteria for its portable HyperHEPA® filtration technology, sleek and stylish design, and seamless adaptability to all lifestyles, indoors and out. And the same design is what makes the IQAir Atem Car Air Purifier the ideal choice for enjoying toxin-free air in your vehicle.
Smart Car Air Purifier With Smart Features
The Atem Car Purifier can be attached to your headrest to ensure that you’re breathing pristine air, and you can easily control and customize fan speed settings with the Atem mobile app. Additionally, you can activate a built-in child lock with just a few taps on your touchscreen. The app also monitors the unit’s filter life and uses built-in intelligence to turn the Atem on and off whenever you want.
You deserve to have fresh and purified air wherever you go. Portable, compact, and with the most advanced tech in air purification, IQAir Atem Car Air Purifier is one of the best investments you can make for your health and the health of your loved ones.
Sit back, drive, listen to your favorite podcast or music, and enjoy the ride; you’ll barely even notice it’s there!
Why We Love It:
- Enjoy instant purified air in your car
- Keeps soot, bacteria, and VOC from entering your body
- Removes PM2.5 (particles that are 2.5 micrometers in diameter or smaller and can cause damage to organs)
- Portable and compact
- Easily attaches to the back of a driver or passenger seat
- Easy to use app enables you to control it right from your smartphone
The IQAir Atem is an incredibly powerful, yet quiet and compact car air purifier. It is able to clean the air in your car up to 20 times per hour and capture a wide range of road and in-vehicle air pollutants.