- 2 cups organic oat groats
- 1 cup raw pecans
- ½ cup firmly packed grated fresh apple (about 2 medium apples)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup dried raisins
- ½ cup pitted dates, roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons organic unrefined coconut oil
- 3 – 4 tablespoons raw agave nectar depending on taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 1 – 1 ½ tablespoons freshly grated lemon zest (1 medium lemon) depending on taste
- A pinch of Celtic sea salt
Make It Happen:
- Pulse the raw pecans a few times until roughly chopped. Empty them into a mixing bowl.
- Place the oats in the food processor with the cinnamon, ginger, vanilla, and sea salt and pulse a few times until well combined.
- Add in the dates, apple, lemon zest, and coconut oil and pulse again.
- Transfer this mixture to a large bowl and fold through the remaining ingredients until a thick, clustered “dough” forms.
- Tweak the flavors to taste. You might want more agave, cinnamon, or lemon zest.
- Form this dough into medium sized cookies and place on mesh dehydrator sheets.
- Dehydrate cookies at 100 degrees for 12 to 15 hours or more depending on your preference.
- This recipe yields 12 medium-sized dense chewy cookies. Alternatively, you could make 24 smaller cookies.